What personally-identifiable information is collected?
We collect personally identifiable information ("Personal Info") on certain areas of the Site when users register, request information or a response, sign up for events, apply for jobs, and participate in user posting areas, such as bulletin boards, discussion forums, and surveys. The personally-identifiable information collected may include, without limitation, your access ID/password, company or school affiliations, and contact information (names, mailing and e-mail addresses, phone/ fax numbers).
How may my Personal Info be used?
We use your Personal Info to fulfill your requests for information, to process your requests to participate in events, and to review and consider any employment-related inquiries that you may submit. We may keep any of your Personal Info on file and use it to contact you for recruiting purposes. We may also use Personal Info in analyzing Site user behavior in order to measure interest in specific items posted on our Site. The e-mail addresses provided at registration allow us to send e-mail to individuals based on the areas of interest that they indicate during the registration process. If you do not wish to receive e-mailed advance notice of items posted on the Site, simply do not check off any of the subject boxes on the registration page. AKUREY uses Personal Info collected from cookies and IP addresses as described below. We may provide your Personal Info to any of its affiliates worldwide for such purposes.
Are cookies and IP addresses used?
Is personally-identifiable information disclosed to third parties?
AKUREY will not intentionally disclose (and will take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your Personal Info to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of AKUREY), whether for such third parties ' marketing purposes or otherwise, subject only to the following four exceptions:
- AKUREY may disclose your Personal Info to third parties as required or permitted by the laws, rules, and regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction;
- AKUREY may disclose your Personal Info to third parties who deliver information from us to you for the purpose of performing such delivery;
- AKUREY may disclose your Personal Info if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure;
- AKUREY may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bonafide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the Site or otherwise provided to AKUREY;
- If AKUREY and/or any of its affiliates merges with or sells substantially all of its assets or a majority of its equity to a third party, information collected by AKUREY or such affiliates on their Web sites may be disclosed to and owned by the merged entity or third party.
AKUREY has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect Personal Info from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized AKUREY personnel are provided access to Personal Info, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, AKUREY cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your Personal Info.